2019 ANZCham 14th Annual Business Awards
Time & Location
About the Event
The ANZCham Awards were presented for the first time in 2005. The 14th ANZCham Awards will be held on Thursday 21 November 2019, at the Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel Taipei. The ANZCham Awards are designed to recognise Australian, New Zealand, and Taiwan companies that have made a significant contribution to business between Australia, New Zealand and Taiwan.
The ANZCham Awards are an initiative of ANZCham to:
- publicly acknowledge companies and organisations that have made a significant and valued business (trade/investment) contribution between Australia, New Zealand and Taiwan;
- publicly acknowledge new small company entrants that have demonstrated entrepreneurial vision and commitment to establish new business between Taiwan and Australia and/or New Zealand;
- publicly acknowledge individuals who have demonstrated outstanding passion and commitment to promote ties between Taiwan and Australia and/or Taiwan and New Zealand;
- raise awareness in the local business community of business opportunities with Australia and New Zealand; and
- raise the profile of the Australian Office, NZCIO, and ANZCham in their roles of supporting the Australian and New Zealand business community in Taiwan.
ANZCham Awards Selection Process
The ANZCham 2019 Business Awards Categories
- AUSTRALIA - TAIWAN Business Excellence Award — for an Australian company, organisation or individual that has developed outstanding business with Taiwan (trade and/or investment).
- NEW ZEALAND - TAIWAN Business Excellence Award — for a New Zealand company, organisation or individual that has developed outstanding business with Taiwan (trade and/or investment).
- AUSTRALIA - TAIWAN Business Partnership Excellence Award — for a Taiwan company or organisation which has worked in partnership with an Australian firm(s) in fostering Australia - Taiwan business.
- NEW ZEALAND - TAIWAN Business Partnership Excellence Award — for a Taiwan company or organisation which has worked in partnership with a New Zealand firm(s) in fostering New Zealand - Taiwan business.
- QUEENSLAND - TAIWAN Business Excellence Award — for either a Queensland or Taiwan company that has made a substantial contribution to promote trade and/or investment ties between Queensland and Taiwan.
- ANZCham Young Entrepreneur Award — for an individual who is based in Taiwan, under 40 years old with strong linkages to Australia or New Zealand. The individual is likely to be involved in a high potential start-up or a high growth venture.
Any person may nominate a company or individual for an ANZCham Award using the standard Nomination Form and returning it to the ANZCham Executive Director by 16th September 2019. A company may be nominated for more than one award (if appropriate). The judges may consider a nominee for an award in a category other than that proposed.
Nominations will be assessed and awards decided by an ANZCham Board Sub-committee including the Senior Trade Commissioner of the Australian Office and the Director of the New Zealand Trade Development Centre, and the Representative of the Queensland Office.
Judging Criteria is outlined in the nomination form. Judges will be free to consider other information regarding the performance or reputation of the nominees. The ANZCham Board’s decision will be made in confidence and no review of decisions will be undertaken.
The ANZCham Board may vary the nomination and judging rules at any time as it sees fit.