Australia Day and Waitangi Day Family BBQ + AGM
Join us for our annual National Days Family BBQ celebrating both Australia Day and Waitangi Day and our Annual General Meeting. We encourage all members in the Australia New Zealand community both big and small join us for a fun afternoon at one of our favourite cafes Woolloomooloo.
About Australia Day
Australia Day is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, it marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales, and the raising of the Flag of Great Britain at Sydney Cove by Governor Arthur Phillip.
About Waitangi Day
Waitangi Day (Māori: Te Rā o Waitangi), the national day of New Zealand, marks the anniversary of the initial signing – on 6 February 1840 – of the Treaty of Waitangi, which is regarded as the founding document of the nation.
- 11:40 - 12:00 Annual General Meeting
- 12:00 - 15:30 Australia Day and Waitangi Day Family BBQ
Adult (member): NT$1,200 (voting members can bring a guest at the member rate)
Adult (non-member): NT$1,500
Children: $500 (5-15 years - 4 and under free)
The above cost includes:
- A delicious aussie/kiwi lunch and bbq
- Free flow of wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages
- Entertainment for the kids
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
In accordance with clause 11 of the ‘Articles of Incorporation of the Australia New Zealand Chamber of Commerce in Taipei’, notice is hereby given to all Voting Members of the Annual General Meeting to be held on:
Sunday 31 January 2021 at 11:30 am
at 2F Woolloomooloo
The Agenda shall comprise:
- Review of 2020
- Approval of the Statement of Accounts for 2020
- Approval of the Financial Budget for 2021
- Approval of the Strategic Plan for 2021
- Approval of the nominations of Directors and Supervisors for 2021
Please note the following requirement of our Constitution:
The constitution requires that votes from at least half of the Voting Members, either in person or by proxy are obtained to form a quorum. Therefore, all Voting Members are urged to attend.
If attendance is not possible, please contact Alex at and ask for a proxy form.
Please do not attend in the following circumstances:
- you are feeling sick or have any COVID like symptoms
- you should be undergoing quarantine
- you have just finished quarantine and are undergoing the additional 7 days of self-health care management
- you have been advised to not attend events
When you are not able to maintain appropriate social distancing please wear a mask, and if you have any questions please contact the Chamber.