[Webinar] Changes to Australian Tax Rules
Presented by: AustCham Hong Kong Finance, Legal & Tax Committee
As a result of worldwide lockdowns, travel bans and economic instability, many issues are emerging for non-residents in areas of residency, tax and property.
Join our session with finance and tax experts from ShineWing and CPA Australia on important changes to Australian tax rules affecting you:
- Changes to Capital Gains Tax on the family home
- Covid-19 Impacts on Tax Residency
- Implications for real estate and the property market
- Tenancy rights
Daniel Minihan ShineWing | Partner, Head of Business & Private Client Advisory
Daniel helps clients align their financial choices with their goals and values and develops comprehensive financial strategies to achieve them.
He works with a broad spectrum of clients from small individuals to large private family groups to advise on cash flow, debt structuring, personal protection and retirement planning for individuals through to asset allocation, portfolio construction and investment selection for investors small and large.
Daniel provides clients with comprehensive financial services to get their entire financial house in order and keep it that way forever.
Daniel’s experience includes:
- Developing simple and complex financial strategies to help clients achieve their goals
- Providing investment and asset allocation advice to investors small and large
- Working with Trustees of Superannuation Funds on Regulatory Compliance matters
- Helping SME clients develop strategies to transition business wealth to personal wealth
- Acting as Executor/Trustee/RP for Estate’s and PAF’s
- Advising institutions on policy, asset allocation and investments
Justin Batticciotto ShineWing | Associate Director, Tax
Justin is a specialist in Global Mobility and Employment Taxes, with nearly 20 years’ experience across Australia and Singapore, including global mobility tax services with Big 4 firms.
With a focus on taxation and international human resources, Justin specialises in advising on a range of global expatriate services, from taxation, social security and superannuation planning, to issues relating to tax residence status, fringe benefits tax (‘FBT’) and payroll tax.
Gavan Ord CPA Australia | Manager – Business and Investment Policy
Mr Gavan Ord is the Manager of Business and Investment Policy, and Policy Lead for Asia for CPA Australia. Within CPA Australia, Gavan has responsibility for the development of policy, research and advocacy on issues related to business and the economy, including small to medium sized enterprises, taxation and regulation in Australia and Asia.